Top UGC Approved Online Degree Courses in India
TIf we go by CBSE data, almost 13 lakh students passed the class XII board exams in 2021. Thus, there will be a huge population that will understandably be confused about their higher studies. Online education doesn’t just get rid of this confusion but also gives students a chance to learn from the best (UGC approved) in the comfort of their homes.
Thus, here, we cover the most sought-after online courses that offer top-quality curriculum and great future opportunities. All the courses mentioned below are accredited by the UGC, Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), World Education Services, and the WASC Senior College and University Commission of the US.
UGC Approved Bachelors Courses
A strong basic foundation is paramount in ensuring a secure future for students. However, students are often confused about the field they seek to enter. Therefore, here are some top UGC approved online Bachelor’s courses.
- Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA): As the name suggests, this course primarily deals with business and entrepreneurship. Students are taught managerial and entrepreneurial skills in this 3-year undergraduate course and can go on to specialize in marketing, finance, and sales among others. This opens the door to a future career in these fields or further studies in the form of an MBA.
- Bachelors of Computer Applications (BCA): This is a 3-year undergraduate course that deals with the fundamentals of Information Technology, mainly computer applications and software designing. Students get to learn skills like software testing and development, programming languages (Java, C++, HTML, CSS, etc), Database Management, Networking, etc. Thereafter, there are several job opportunities namely, web developer, software engineer, IT consultant, among others await. There’s also the option of further specializing in your discipline by pursuing an MCA.
- Bachelors of Commerce (B.Com): One of the oldest courses offered in India, B.com is a 3-year undergraduate course that deals with the fundamentals of the business environment. Therefore, students get to learn about taxes, auditing, accounting, business management, business regulatory framework, and a lot more. This degree opens up opportunities like M.Com, government exams (UPSC, Bank exams, etc), CA jobs, and a lot more.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA): This 3-year UGC approved program has a wide ambit as it covers social sciences and liberal arts as a whole. Thus, students get to explore a variety of subjects like history, political science, IR, Psychology, language, literature, performing arts (film and theatre), and a whole lot more. Such a degree greatly helps in government exams. Apart from that, students can either go for M.A or pursue careers as historians, authors, writers, counselors, curators, etc.
- Bachelor of Arts (Tourism Administration): This 3-year UGC approved program exclusively deals with the various aspects of tourism. Whether it’s the planning and economics of tourism, types of tourism, hospitality, or their related studies, students get to acquaint themselves with these concepts. Simultaneously, they can even specialize in foreign languages. This degree opens up job opportunities in all fields of the hospitality industry.
- Bachelors in Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC): As the name suggests, this 3-year course covers various facets of media and journalism. Students learn communications skills, how to approach the different types of media, media ethics and laws, and various outdoor and practical activities. Publishing, TV (direction, editing, cameraman, etc), screenwriting, Jockeying and freelance journalists are some of the many job opportunities available.
UGC Approved Masters Courses
There are several UGC approved online Masters’s courses as well so that students are able to continue their studies. This ensures that they don’t find any roadblocks in their education.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA): Dealing with business and entrepreneurship, this 2-year program develops and hones crucial business and management skills like Finance, marketing, strategy, HR, analytics, and a lot more. A career in any of these disciplines is a great option for students.
- Masters of Computer Application (MCA): This 3-year UGC approved program narrows down its focus on the core technical aspects of computer applications and software development. Students are taught advanced skills in a plethora of subjects. Thus, after the completion of this course, students can become system analysts, programmers, or any other IT professional.
- Master in Journalism and Mass Communication (MJMC): This 2-year program specifically focuses on how the various types of media can be used to convey a message. Therefore, students are made to study magazines, newspapers, cinema, radio, social media, etc. A career in the media industry awaits those who have this UGC approved degree.
UGC Approved PG Diploma Courses
These UGC approved online PG Diploma courses have been provided, keeping in mind the aims of Skill India i.e. reskilling and upskilling.
- PG Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication: This is a short 1-year course that basically offers an opportunity of upskilling in the media and communications field. Whether students or working professionals, this degree is open to all who want to polish and upgrade their knowledge and skills, respectively.
- PG Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management: This course lasts for 1-2 years and mainly deals with the business aspects of travel and tourism. Therefore, students can go on to work in travel agencies, cruises, hotels, airports, and other tour operating companies.
- PG Diploma in Public Accounting: Lasting for 1 year, this program teaches the skills of understanding, comprehending, and analyzing financial information before eventually communicating it. Students become better managers and thus, serve well in both the government and corporate fields.
- PG Diploma in Finance and Accounting: As the name suggests, it further helps polish the skills of students in financial management and the related areas. Therefore, students can go on to become Accounting officers and tax consultants among others.
This, however, isn’t an exhaustive list; rather a collation of UGC approved courses that are most commonly considered to be the top ones in terms of academics and career prospects.